T Level Health - Adult Nursing Pathway
This is a new two-year full-time course designed in collaboration with employers, suitable for post-16 students looking to develop both knowledge and practical skills in the health sector. The T-Level in Health is designed to give you the knowledge and understanding of contexts, concepts, theories and principles relevant to the Health sector. The qualification will enable you to develop Health sector professional competencies, and apply the knowledge and skills you learn in a variety of contexts and for a variety of different purposes within the Health sector.
5 GCSE's at grades 9-5 including Maths, Science (preferably biology if separate sciences) and English Language. Students on this course will need to show commitment to the values of the health care sector. Once you have applied we will be in touch to arrange an interview.
- Industry placement of at least 45 days (or minimum of 9 weeks) to apply the knowledge, skills and behaviours required in the Health sector.
- Developing technical knowledge and understanding of contexts, concepts, theories and principles relevant to the Health sector.
- Developing skills and professional competencies specific to the Health sector.
- Developing relevant English, Maths and Digital Skills.
Health and Science core components such as: working in the health and science sector; health, safety and environmental regulations in the Health and Science sector; good scientific and clinical practice; providing person-centred care; health and wellbeing; infection prevention and control in health specific settings; safeguarding.
You will also complete an employer-set project in an occupational area of your choice. You will be required to demonstrate the following core skills:
- Person-Centred Care Skills.
- Team Working.
- Reflective Evaluation.
- Researching and Presenting
Progression Next Steps
On completion of the Health T-level you may go onto the following:
- Employment in the Health Sector as an Ambulance Support Worker or Healthcare Support Worker.
- Higher Education study relating to careers in health-related occupation such as Adult Nursing, Healthcare Support, Paramedics, or another health-related occupation.
- Higher-Level Apprenticeship, within the NHS.
The NHS has a wide range of Advanced Level Apprenticeships such as:
- Health and Social Care
- Healthcare Science Assistant
- Nursing Degree Apprenticeships
- Operating Department Practice Degree Apprenticeship
- Pharmacy Services Assistant
You will spend 80% of the course in your learning environment, gaining the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement, where you put your learnt skills into action.
The course is assessed through coursework and exams.
Two written examinations externally assessed by NCFE:
- Paper A is a two-hour and 30-minutes exam made up of short-answer and extended writing, and is 36% of the qualification.
- Paper B is a two-hour and 30-minutes exam made up of multiple choice, short-answer and extended writing, and is 34% of the qualification
An Employer-set Project (ESP) forms 30% of the qualification.
The five core skills are externally assessed via the Employer-Set Project. These will be professionally assessed through:
- A Case Study Assessment
- Two practical activities assessments
- A professional discussion
The skills-based assessments are spaced throughout the two-year qualification period.