Fused And Stained Glass For All
You will learn traditional lead and copper foil techniques and glass painting to enable you to produce stained glass panels, lampshades, mirrors, etc. You will also learn kiln formed glass techniques such as fusing and slumping which will enable you to create decorative items such as bowls, dishes, panels and jewellery.
Tools and equipment are provided but learners will need to provide their own glass. The tutor will give advice on where and how to source materials. More advanced students can progress onto larger and more complex projects.
By the end of the course you'll be able to:
- Cut glass to size
- Design projects and make working drawings
- Complete projects to a high standard using a range of skills including soldering, preparation of lead, glazing and finishing techniques
- Use materials and equipment safely
- Use warm glass methods such as fusing and slumping
- Projects will be graded with reference to existing skills and experience as well as personal goals
- Learners will receive demonstrations on all of the techniques mentioned
Beginners will create a small leaded panel from design stages through to completion as well as some fused items, a copper foil piece and some glass painting samples
- More advanced learners will decide on a project and develop existing skills
Please bring a pen and paper ( notebook) . Please bring an apron or work shirt. All equipment will be provided and tutor will advise on where to source glass and materials .
Tutor feedback and your own evaluation as well as feedback from the group.