Green Fingers - Edible Gardening
Explore the world of edible gardening in this 3-week course.
Whether you have an allotment, garden, balcony or even a windowsill, discover how to get started to grow your own vegetables, herbs and fruit. Learn how to cultivate a range of crops from seed to harvest, and to troubleshoot common problems.
This will be a classroom-based course covering some theory as well as tips and advice, but will include practical elements such as sowing seeds and propagating from cuttings.
- How to plan and make the most of your space
- Choosing varieties
- Understanding the life cycles and needs of different edible plants
- Sowing seeds and taking cuttings
- Identifying common pests and diseases and how to tackle them sustainably
- Working with wildlife and encouraging pollinators
Week 1: planning, plant types and needs, choosing varieties, seed sowing
Week 2: caring for seedlings, hardening off, pests and diseases, pricking out and potting on
Week 3: feeding, watering, mulching, working with wildlife, taking cuttings