L1 Nutrition And Health
For beginners who want to learn not just how to cook but how to cook economically and nutritionally.
This is an engaging course run in a sociable environment in which we will learn to create (and eat!) meals together which are healthy and affordable. With a new recipe every week (and recipe cards which can be taken home) participants will master basic skills in the kitchen and learn about budgeting, food safety and hygiene, nutrition and sustainable living. All ingredients will be provided and recipes will be vegetarian with, where possible, meat/fish/vegan variations. As well as learning to cook students will be able to gain a basic qualification in nutrition and health covering healthy eating and drinking, planning healthy diets and understanding certain eating disorders.
Learn and practice basic cooking skills
- Learn how to make and stick to budgets in the kitchen
- Master principles of kitchen safety and hygiene
- Understand and value sustainability and zero waste cooking
Courses of 7 weekly one-day sessions in the kitchen/classroom
- Plus additional "catch up" days per course for extra practice, questions, one-off courses etc
- Up to 12 participants per course
- On-site in STCG kitchen
- All equipment, ingredients, tea and coffee provided